Luna Recursos Naturales was incorporated in 2015 as a natural resources consultancy to provide quality technical, managerial and logistical solutions to the mineral exploration and development sectors on a worldwide platform and specializing in Latin America.
The expertise within LRN is principally in the identification, generation, development and management of mineral exploration and development programmes in various commodities in post-conflict and developing countries.
In addition to these services, LRN provides a business medium through which buy-side companies can have a soft landing into various jurisdictions by way of corporate establishment, financial and personnel organisation, government liaison and introductions to in-country entities who show interest for Joint Ventures and deals of mutual interest.
Luna has a network of associates throughout Latin America, Europe and Asia it can call upon to add technical, logistical and research to its capabilities and support.
UK qualified Geologist with more than 25 years’ international experience
Specialising in the generation, management and development of mineral exploration projects worldwide
Successfully created, managed and grown both listed and private companies for precious, base metal and gemstone companies in Peru, Colombia, India, SE Asia, Middle East, Africa, and Eastern Europe.
UK and Australian Citizenship with significant expatriate experience in post conflict and developing countries with additional language, cultural, organisational and communication skills.
- Specialise as a ‘first mover’ into post-conflict and developing countries; management of projects from the ‘Bush to the Boardroom’.
- In Jan 2015 created multiple private Colombian exploration companies and developed them from concept / grass roots to production stages with multiple projects including the eventual sale of the Colombian group to a UK listed mining company in Mar 2017
- Established Peruvian, Colombian, Hong Kong, Mauritian, Indian, UK and Ethiopian mineral exploration companies and consultancies from ground up to acquisition.
- Engagement and management of mining, financial and legal support companies’ in-country.
- Developed private companies, focussed on platinum and gold alluvial projects in Colombia, from conceptual stage to pre-production; key part of team to vend projects to AIM listed company.
- Discovered, as part of exploration team, Rio Tinto’s world class Simandou Iron Ore deposit, Guinea
- Added 500,000 Oz of Au and base metals to Nyota / Kefi’s Tulu Kapi deposit, Ethiopia
- Discovered several diamondiferous kimberlites including Blacktop Brothers, Australia and numerous kimberlites and lamproites in India
- Discovered several economic, detrital iron ore bodies in Pilbara, Western Australia.
Private Investors, Natural Resource Funds, High Net Worth Individuals, private or listed companies hire me to be a first mover on the ground in post-conflict or developing countries and evaluate natural resource projects.
I then progress to establish, structure, manage and develop these projects from concept to evaluation stage and to arrange Joint Venture, RTO or sale agreements.
To accomplish this, I source, recruit and work with the appropriate legal, technical and financial entities in the target country and create the appropriate corporate and financial structures.
My Geology degree and professional qualifications allow me to analyse, write or promote technical documents for fundraising, IPO’s and to be Exec or Non-Exec board member for junior or mid-cap mineral resource companies.
I have both UK and Australian Citizenship with significant expatriate experience in post conflict and developing countries. My military experience and with the additional advantage of sound language, cultural, organisational and communication skills I find I can adapt to virtually any situation.
JULIAN BAVIN, Executive Director
A former Exploration Director of Rio Tinto with 30 years of technical, operational and commercial experience in mineral exploration, including 18 years in South America. Led the teams in Peru that discovered, or advanced, Mina Justa, Constancia, La Granja. Currently co-founder of private Chilean entities holding exploration tenements in Northern Chile, now under JV with Majors.
Senior business executive with 27 years minerals industry experience, including 20 years with BHP. Successful greenfield / mining project development (Minera Spence, Chile) with extensive business experience in South America including private financing from HNI's and PE / investment bank funding for early stage exploration; JV option agreements with majors over multiple exploration properties in Latin America. Having a big sale, on-site celebrity, or other event? Be sure to announce it so everybody knows and gets excited about it.
Robert Nigel Chapman, UK qualified geologist with 28 years' experience, specialising in the generation, management and development of mineral exploration projects worldwide. Successfully created, managed and grew both listed and private companies for precious, base metal and diamond companies in Latin America, India, SE Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe.
Claudia Martinez, 20 years' experience in corporate IT support, marketing, administration, logistics and travel including LAN / LATAM and currently Luna. Successfully completed professional courses including ESAN Marketing, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú Advanced English. She is also is actively involved with Luna's field activities including sampling programmes, community liaison, logistics and mineral licence administration.